Friday, June 26, 2009

Farewell Michael Jackson...


This morning, I was awaken by a newsflash on my handphone about the news that Michael Jackson is dead. I think it was about 7.30am and as I was still sleepy, I went back to sleep after reading it, thinking that it was just a joke or unconfirmed report. However, when I woke up again 2 hours later, I read the message again just to make sure I wasnt dreaming whatsoever and went to check the news on the net and it was indeed true, the man we all know as the 'King of Pop', Michael Jackson is no longer with us.

It was a sad and tragic news to hear. The cause of his death is still yet unclear, but according to his brother, it is said that he had died due to cardiac arrest. He was 50. He collapsed at his residence in the Holmby Hills section of Los Angeles, California, about noon Pacific time, and he was confirmed dead at UCLA Medical Center. Well to be honest with you, Im not exactly a big fan of him, maybe because of his looks but I dont think anybody can argue that he is an exceptional performer with great talents. As a child, everybody could see that he would be a huge star in the making and they were right about that. I am particularly disappointed with the events that happened to him on the last few years of his life. I mean his fame and glory came equally with the problems he had to face. If you could remember back in 2005, he went to trial on child-molestation charges. He was however acquitted. He then had to sell him famous Neverland ranch because he couldnt pay his mortgage. He had married a few times, and he failed at both.

However, away from his personal life, he's someone who was well adored by a lot of his fans. They love him for his music, his dance, and his personality. I was watching some of the videos that he was involved with his fans, and I dont think I have ever seen any other performer who love his fans just as much as they love him. Im not sure if you know this, but back in 2008, Michael Jackson had announced that was due to perform 10 comeback shows in London, beginning in July 2009, the story made worldwide news. The number of concerts was later increased to 50. The shows were later postponed in 2010 for some reason that Im not really sure of. Therefore, I thought it was kind of sad that he had die before making his comeback. Nobody knows if it will work but with Michael Jackson around, you know youre going to get something great.

Like I have said earlier, I was really shocked when I first heard this news because I dont think anybody really thought that Michael Jackson had any problems with his health, apart from the after effects of his cosmetic surgeries. Im not sure though if it has anything to do with his cardiac arrest. That is why an autopsy would probably be done on him on Friday which is today but one day later in America, with results expected that afternoon. Whatever the result of the autopsy is, it can never bring back MJ to life. He has brought a lot of joy and entertainment in the lives of many. There is only one Michael Jackson and there will never be another one, it was a 'thriller' following your career and you will always be remembered for that.


No comments: